Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

My experience with creating Free Wilma

A few months after the launch of "Free Wilma", my résumé is mixed. There have been arround 250 players, about 10 per week. It is much less than I thought and I had much less income than I would need in order to cover my land costs. Less than half of the players actually finished the game. I think that the riddles are not too hard and the story is not too long, but quite a lot of players dropped out.

As a result I have now written a complete walkthrough. I want to make sure that people don't stop playing because they get stuck somewhere.

I have also decided to lower the price of the game from 180 LS to 95 LS and see if that  raises the number of players . Customers who have bought the HUD previously will at some point get the chance to receive a 50 LS return, if they fill out a feedback form. Customers will be notified by a message.

There seem to be at least two people where the HUD seems to have produced a show-stopper bug and they were not able to continue at a certain point. What is very frustrating is that I have not been able to reproduce the bug.

I also have some problems with my database scripts. I should have sorted these problems months ago, but I had not time. Let's see when I can get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment